Thank you to the gorgeous Alex of northofseven – one of my first followers and followees (!) – for nominating getinmyhome for the One Lovely Blog Award. Very exciting – I’m really appreciative of the award, and even more so because it’s from such an inspiring, from-the-heart and engaging blogger. Getinmyhome has been going for about a month now and the little community building around it is pretty special. Thank you to all my followers!
Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
Nominate up to fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
Seven things that you might not know about me:
- Making it to the end of a movie is a well-known weakness of mine, but I try to keep it on the quiet that I can’t take my eyes off reality TV (I’m already excited about Tuesday night’s Being Lara Bingle… uh oh)
- I grew up in an old house in the village of Cumnor on the outskirts of Oxford, UK. Before we moved in, the house was used as an old people’s home – hide and seek was on another level with all those rooms to get lost in
- I’ve been lucky enough to climb Mount Sinai for sunrise, watch sunset from a tiny boat on the Ganges and NOT get blown off the Grand Canyon on one verrry windy day
- I love a good double shot of instant coffee with just a drop of hot water in the morning… I get a little drunk from it and grin madly
- I cracked my elbow open hitting the dance floor one night… those childhood dance classes let me down bad
- I’m the middle of three girls – the other two keep me in line teasing me about my wonky eyes and ‘lobster face’… it’s love.
- I like people who are a little bit crazy and make me laugh.
Blogs I love
- Needs more glitter - Donna brings the best in fashion, beauty, decor, design and delicious food!
- Hermit Homewares - Australian Yasmin explores unique homewares, often before they hit the mainstream market. Eye-opening!
- The Mango Tree - a colourful, eclectic collection by the lovely Caitlan
- Chocolate & Raspberries - I love the way Guro writes and her style and insight into her own life is addictive
- 2one2 blog - Can’t get enough of Fabian and Charlie’s collections of fashion, home and lifestyle
- The unexpected chic - Liivi will make you say woah and wow with her quirky finds!
- Sadie and Dasie - two talented girls couple the power of three photographs with their wide genre of tastes
- Hovercraft Doggy - Two architects bring super satisfying single-photo posts, which is a feat in itself. Very cool space
- Dot Dot Dash - I get excited when I see Kat’s post in the reader – she compiles eclectic architecture, interior and design posts
- Pomp and Circumstance - two of the coolest sisters blogging. Their style and laid-back, personal touch make you want to be part of the gang
- Kim Mcleod Design - Interior Designer Kim Mcleod posts gorgeous images PLUS her well-informed commentary - priceless
- Warm Vanilla Sugar – YUM. Katrina brings mouth-watering recipes and even has a recipe index - perfect
- Nest Design Studio blog - two friends share their picks of style and gorgeous home inspirations
- Interior Stockholm- Sophie combines two of design’s greatest things: interiors and Euro-cool Stockholm
- Jimmy Buffalo – Thea shares a little bit of everything and everything a little bit different in the world of design & style.