You would be hard pressed to find someone who hasn’t heard of bamboo sheets. They are the new addition to the world of sheets, and are making quite some noise!
But if like me, you are wondering what all the fuss is about, stop right now and take a read of these seven reasons why bamboo might be your new favourite thing to sleep with…
- Thermo-regulating. Bamboo sheets keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Micro-sized holes of the bamboo fibre allows the fabric to breathe and regulate body temperature. These holes assist with insulation by keeping warm air between the body and the blanket.
- Kind to sensitive skin. Bamboo is gentler than many manmade fibres and will not irritate the skin. The hypoallergenic properties of the bamboo is perfect for those with sensitivities, and is a natural solution for those predisposed to skin irritations.
- ‘Clean’ sleeping. Antibacterial textiles are made from bamboo fibres that are naturally resistant to bacteria, repels dust mites, mould and mildew and allows for greater air flow.
- Repels bad odour. “Bamboo kun” is a naturally occurring substance that is odour-resistant and allows for greater air flow (which in turn helps to repel body odour).
- Highly absorbent. Bamboo is an extremely resilient and durable fibre. When compared to cotton and polyester, it has stronger wicking properties and moisture absorption (approximately 60% more absorbent than cotton).
- Super Soft. Made from 100% organic bamboo and designed with a sateen weave to create a smooth, luxe texture. The sheets are as soft as your baby’s skin!
- Environmentally friendly. Bamboo is the fastest growing plant on earth and requires little to no water to grow meaning it is a renewable resource and is not harming the environment. What’s more the bamboo used to make Mulberry Threads fabric is not the species consumed by Pandas for food.
Personally, I love the softness of bamboo – it’s oh so silky, and great for those of us worried about those creases on our face or tangles in our hair that seem to appear after sleeping!
A big thank you to Kira Sterling, founder of Western Australia’s Mulberry Threads, for providing these benefits of sleeping with bamboo sheets!
Images courtesy of Mulberry Threads.